IMPORTANT:AttackDefense Labs is included with a Pentester Academy subscription! Upgrade Now to access over 1800+ Labs.
Already a Pentester Academy student? Your access will continue uninterrupted. Please use the same Google account to login here.
Not a Pentester Academy student? Try our Free Communitiy Labs
You will be provided with osquery shell on the machine. You have to run appropriate queries and answer the following questions:
- How many network interfaces are present on the machine (excluding loopback)?
- What is the subnet of eth0 interface? Use subnet/CIDR format i.e. 192.168.8.0/24
- How many DNS servers are configured on the machine?
- Which popular DNS service is being used on the machine?
- Which interface is acting as the default gateway for the machine?
- How many entries are there in the ARP cache?
- What is the given hostname of the machine?
- What is the IP address of the machine on domain test2.attackdef.xyz?
- The machine on domain test2.attackdef.xyz is reachable through which interface?
- What is the MAC address of the machine at target5.servers.xyz?
- Please don't use Ctrl+C as that will shut down the osquery shell. If you use it by mistake, it is recommended to restart the lab.
- osquery documentation is available here: https://osquery.io/schema/3.3.2
|1.||How many network interfaces are present on the machine (excluding loopback)?||
|2.||What is the subnet of eth0 interface? Use subnet/CIDR format i.e. 192.168.8.0/24||
|3.||How many DNS servers are configured on the machine?||
|4.||Which popular DNS service is being used on the machine?||
|5.||Which interface is acting as the default gateway for the machine?||
|6.||How many entries are there in the ARP cache?||
|7.||What is the given hostname of the machine?||
|8.||The machine on domain test2.attackdef.xyz is reachable through which interface?||
The following activities are strictly prohibited on this website unless otherwise explicitly stated as allowed in the mission statement:
- Using automated scanners
- Using brute force attacks
- Denial of Service attacks
- Attacking other student machines in challenges where you might achieve a shell on the vulnerable system
- Attacking the lab infrastructure
Users violating the above will be either temporarily or permanently banned from the website.
If you are unsure about an activity, then please contact support to confirm that it is allowed on our website.
Technical Support for this Lab:
There is a reason we provide unlimited lab time: you can take as much time as you need to solve a lab. However, we realize that sometimes hints might be necessary to keep you motivated!
We currently provide technical support limited to:
- Giving hints for a lab exercise
- In rare circumstances, if you have totally given up (NO!!!) then tell you how to solve it. This will be limited to sharing the solution video or lab report
- A lab exercise fails to load or has errors in it
If you need technical support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org clearly mention the name and link of the lab exercise and other essential details. The more descriptive you are, the faster we can help you. We will get back to you within 24 hours or less.
For adminitrative queries, billing, enterprise accounts etc. please email email@example.com