IMPORTANT:AttackDefense Labs is included with a Pentester Academy subscription! Upgrade Now to access over 1800+ Labs.
Already a Pentester Academy student? Your access will continue uninterrupted. Please use the same Google account to login here.
Not a Pentester Academy student? Try our Free Communitiy Labs
Performance monitoring and tracking tools can provide a wealth of information about a running system. In some cases, they can help identify anomalies which could have been caused by a security incident.
In this lab, the server was compromised and the attacker was running a crypto miner on the same machine. We have provided the tool "perf" and its "capture" file to you. Please analyze the details and answer the following questions:
- What is the name of the crypto miner service?
- The mining service used a configuration file to connect to the pool server. Provide the complete path of the configuration file.
- Retrieve the plain-text password used by the service to connect to the pool server.
- Perf can be invoked using "perf" command.
- Perf documentation: https://perf.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Main_Page
|1.||What is the name of the crypto miner service?||
|2.||The mining service used a configuration file to connect to the pool server. Provide the complete path of the configuration file.||
|3.||Retrieve the plain-text password used by the service to connect to the pool server.||
The following activities are strictly prohibited on this website unless otherwise explicitly stated as allowed in the mission statement:
- Using automated scanners
- Using brute force attacks
- Denial of Service attacks
- Attacking other student machines in challenges where you might achieve a shell on the vulnerable system
- Attacking the lab infrastructure
Users violating the above will be either temporarily or permanently banned from the website.
If you are unsure about an activity, then please contact support to confirm that it is allowed on our website.
Technical Support for this Lab:
There is a reason we provide unlimited lab time: you can take as much time as you need to solve a lab. However, we realize that sometimes hints might be necessary to keep you motivated!
We currently provide technical support limited to:
- Giving hints for a lab exercise
- In rare circumstances, if you have totally given up (NO!!!) then tell you how to solve it. This will be limited to sharing the solution video or lab report
- A lab exercise fails to load or has errors in it
If you need technical support, please email email@example.com clearly mention the name and link of the lab exercise and other essential details. The more descriptive you are, the faster we can help you. We will get back to you within 24 hours or less.
For adminitrative queries, billing, enterprise accounts etc. please email firstname.lastname@example.org