FREE Lab: Create a Free account to run this lab! Create Account in < 1 min
During a pentest you've uncovered a terminal server endpoint served over the web - this endpoint is connected to the console port of an embedded device. Your task is to get a shell on the device by a running a backdoor on it. More information is provided below:
The terminal server available at "http://vexpress.arm:9000" provides access to the console port of the embedded device. Once the embedded device boots into the Linux system, the system password is not available. Hence, it is important to backdoor the system so that the attacker can gain access to the password protected system.
Objective: Backdoor the embedded device, get a shell on it and retrieve the flag!
- The IP address of your Kali machine should be 192.X.Y.2
- The terminal server should be located at 192.X.Y.3 (vexpress.arm)
- The remote TFTP should be located at 192.X.Y.4 (tftp.server)
- Reloading the web-session of the terminal server will reset the embedded device.
- The files given in /root/Desktop/backdoor-files of Kali machine will help you in the task
The following activities are strictly prohibited on this website unless otherwise explicitly stated as allowed in the mission statement:
- Using automated scanners
- Using brute force attacks
- Denial of Service attacks
- Attacking other student machines in challenges where you might achieve a shell on the vulnerable system
- Attacking the lab infrastructure
Users violating the above will be either temporarily or permanently banned from the website.
If you are unsure about an activity, then please contact support to confirm that it is allowed on our website.
Technical Support for this Lab:
There is a reason we provide unlimited lab time: you can take as much time as you need to solve a lab. However, we realize that sometimes hints might be necessary to keep you motivated!
We currently provide technical support limited to:
- Giving hints for a lab exercise
- In rare circumstances, if you have totally given up (NO!!!) then tell you how to solve it. This will be limited to sharing the solution video or lab report
- A lab exercise fails to load or has errors in it
If you need technical support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org clearly mention the name and link of the lab exercise and other essential details. The more descriptive you are, the faster we can help you. We will get back to you within 24 hours or less.
For adminitrative queries, billing, enterprise accounts etc. please email email@example.com