IMPORTANT:AttackDefense Labs is included with a Pentester Academy subscription! Upgrade Now to access over 1800+ Labs.
Already a Pentester Academy student? Your access will continue uninterrupted. Please use the same Google account to login here.
Not a Pentester Academy student? Try our Free Communitiy Labs
The NBF (not before) claim identifies the time before which a JWT Token must not be accepted for processing. The processing of the NBF claim requires that the current date/time must be after or equal to the not-before date/time.
Dummy Bank had created an application called GenerateTicket to generate a JWT token embedded in a QR-Code.
The generated token will used to authenticate the users on the bank server and let them enroll into a new scheme that will be launched after 3 days.
The first person to be enrolled into that scheme would receive a Golden Ticket as a reward.
Objective: Your task is to get the Golden Ticket.
- README.md file contains some basic instructions for the challenge.
- Once you start the lab, you will have access to a Kali GUI instance.
- Your Kali instance has an interface with IP address 192.X.Y.2. Run "ifconfig" to know the values of X and Y.
- zbarimg, the tool required to decode the QR code is pre-installed in the Ubuntu instance.
- The bank server should be running on port 8080 on the machine located at the IP address 192.X.Y.3.
The following activities are strictly prohibited on this website unless otherwise explicitly stated as allowed in the mission statement:
- Using automated scanners
- Using brute force attacks
- Denial of Service attacks
- Attacking other student machines in challenges where you might achieve a shell on the vulnerable system
- Attacking the lab infrastructure
Users violating the above will be either temporarily or permanently banned from the website.
If you are unsure about an activity, then please contact support to confirm that it is allowed on our website.
Technical Support for this Lab:
There is a reason we provide unlimited lab time: you can take as much time as you need to solve a lab. However, we realize that sometimes hints might be necessary to keep you motivated!
We currently provide technical support limited to:
- Giving hints for a lab exercise
- In rare circumstances, if you have totally given up (NO!!!) then tell you how to solve it. This will be limited to sharing the solution video or lab report
- A lab exercise fails to load or has errors in it
If you need technical support, please email email@example.com clearly mention the name and link of the lab exercise and other essential details. The more descriptive you are, the faster we can help you. We will get back to you within 24 hours or less.
For adminitrative queries, billing, enterprise accounts etc. please email firstname.lastname@example.org