IMPORTANT:AttackDefense Labs is included with a Pentester Academy subscription! Upgrade Now to access over 1800+ Labs.
Already a Pentester Academy student? Your access will continue uninterrupted. Please use the same Google account to login here.
Not a Pentester Academy student? Try our Free Communitiy Labs
Allowing anonymous users to run commands on a system is never a good idea, if it comes to it, a whitelist should be used and the developer should make sure that the user can only execute the commands mentioned in the whitelist. This is one such case, however, while developing the application, the developer made a mistake due to which arbitrary command execution was possible on the system.
Objective: Collect all three flags!
- This lab is dedicated to you! No other users are on this network :)
- Once you start the lab, you will have access to a Kali terminal-based instance. This machine has an interface with IP address 192.X.Y.2
- The target server should be located at the IP address 192.X.Y.3
- The target server has 3 user accounts of interest: root, www-data, and admin
- Do not attack the gateway located at IP address 192.X.Y.1
- We have also installed additional tools under the folder /root/tools. These might come in handy during this or other CTFs on AttackDefense.
- This lab has 3 Flags to be collected
- The Flags can be identified by the strings: FLAG1, FLAG2, FLAG3
- The above Flag labels will be part of filenames on the target system
The following activities are strictly prohibited on this website unless otherwise explicitly stated as allowed in the mission statement:
- Using automated scanners
- Using brute force attacks
- Denial of Service attacks
- Attacking other student machines in challenges where you might achieve a shell on the vulnerable system
- Attacking the lab infrastructure
Users violating the above will be either temporarily or permanently banned from the website.
If you are unsure about an activity, then please contact support to confirm that it is allowed on our website.
Technical Support for this Lab:
There is a reason we provide unlimited lab time: you can take as much time as you need to solve a lab. However, we realize that sometimes hints might be necessary to keep you motivated!
We currently provide technical support limited to:
- Giving hints for a lab exercise
- In rare circumstances, if you have totally given up (NO!!!) then tell you how to solve it. This will be limited to sharing the solution video or lab report
- A lab exercise fails to load or has errors in it
If you need technical support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org clearly mention the name and link of the lab exercise and other essential details. The more descriptive you are, the faster we can help you. We will get back to you within 24 hours or less.
For adminitrative queries, billing, enterprise accounts etc. please email email@example.com